My little droplet of wasted space in the big sea that is the Internet.

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ontario

Here is my first blog entry since being home for the summer in Thunder Bay.

Unfortunately, it is not that exciting.

I am working as a photo lab technician again this summer at Wal-mart. There are a few things that are different, but I think a lot of things are the same. Everything slowly came back to me so I don't think I should have too many problems. We have a cool new machine to burn CD's and eventually DVD's. I had a lot of fun watching it.

School update:

I ended up with a C in statistics, which is pretty decent considering I failed the exam. And with the A I got in french, which was six cr. hrs compared to statistics which was only three, it didn't really bring down my GPA all that much. So, I might not take it again. I haven't really decided yet. But the good news is I can afford not to if I so choose.

My portfolio is coming along nicely. I have the minimum 9 works, and now I have the 3 mandatory projects done as well. So, really, I think I could submit it right now if I wanted. But, because I am getting my digital works printed tomorrow, even if I mailed it tomorrow night, it wouldn't be mailed out until Monday. So, I think I'm going to wait the weekend, try to finish painting my tiger, maybe do a couple other drawings or something, experiment, and then I'll send it out Monday morning.

It's not due till Friday so I won't have to even pay so much to express mail it overnight- which is what I was worried would happen because I felt like I had so much left to do when I left Winnipeg.

I still feel a bit overwhelmed with all the things I have to do. I started "renovating" in my room, and it's a terrible, terrible mess. I had to post-pone my cleaning because of the portfolio. I got back Sunday night and since I've already worked two shifts, I have another shift tomorrow, and I have somewhat of an interview next week.

But, once I get through all that I am sure this summer will be exciting and relaxing. Yes.

No comments: