My little droplet of wasted space in the big sea that is the Internet.

Friday, May 18, 2007

How many weeks?

Yes, ladies and gentleman, I have been home a total of three weeks. It feels like such much longer, I know.

Updates, updates...

I got that second job I'd been crossing my fingers about. I like it. I enjoy it for the most part. Obviously, I have no experience whatsoever in the field of graphic design, so understandably, it's not as 'exciting' right now as my imagination would like it to be, but I get to see a lot, and that's what I really wanted out of it: the experience. Now I'll be able to put a graphics company on my resume, and regardless of my jobs there, that's still pretty cool. But, as I said, I am learning a lot about everything, and my working there will be very beneficial. I get quite a few hours too, so that's nice considering our hours have been cut back in the lab (that makes me sound like such a scientist). Anywho...

My portfolio is sent, sent, sent; going, going, gone. I wish I would have taken a photo of all the things in it. I think I have a good chance of getting in. Honestly, I do. But I still keep my fingers crossed just in case. I will know by the end of May, early June whether or not I've been accepted. And because I know you are all bouncing and waiting at the edges of your seats to find out whether or not I have been, I decided I will let you guys know when the time comes.

Until then, please, please, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I really, really want to get in.

I have decided the dates for my camping trip with my dad and Nina (July 4-9) and also my trip to Winnipeg (July 17-19). I am very exciting for July. It will just whiz right by. Here is a list of everything that happens in July:
  • July 1- Canada Day
  • July 4-9- camping at Quetico
  • July 11- my 19th birthday! Woo-hoo!
  • July 15- my mom's birthday
  • July 17-19- my Winnipeg trip
  • July 25- my aunt's birthday
  • July 27- my dad's birthday
  • July 30- my cousin's birthday

So, you see, with all the events going on, July will be a breeze. Which is good, but also bad. I like July. I like summer. I don't want it to be winter again.

Also, Zan left today. He was visiting for a couple of days. I miss him. Yesterday he and I went to Boulevard Park, which was nice. It was warm- not too cold for being right on the lake. Is Boulevard a lake? A pond? I don't know. But I had fun... except when he took my hat. That made me a sad panda. But other than that, I am a happy panda to have been able to see him. I had a fun couple o' days. Now, another two months. Sigh.

But.. I will have a good summer. I will, I will, I will. And I will be accepted to U of M and will return in September, when I will have my VERY. OWN. ROOM.

No comments: